The easiest way to backup your Office System diskettes is to use Office
System 3.1. Release 3.1 allows you to duplicate a diskette to another
diskette; it even prompts you when to insert your destination diskette.
Office System 3.0 is unable to copy an Office System 1 diskette.
If you don't have access to a Lisa with Office System 3.1, but do have
a version of the Workshop which is the same version of the Office System
diskettes you're copying:
1. Enter the Workshop.
2. Type "S" to get into the System manager.
3. Set FilesPrivate to Yes; Quit the System Manager.
4. With the File Manager, Copy all of the files on the diskette to the
ProFile with a unique prefix--e.g. Copy -LOWER-=,ZX=
5. Swap microdisks so the destination diskette is in the drive. Copy all
the files back to the diskette, this time stripping the unique
prefix--e.g., Copy ZX=,-LOWER-=
6. Create as many duplicates as you wish from the prefixed files on the
EXTENDED Information section - Apple Internal Use - Service Providers and Support Professional
APPLE EYES ONLY Information section - Apple Need-To-Know Confidential
Article Change History: