The fantastic 8-bit Apple II emulator for Mac OS X, Virtual ][ has been updated to version 5.8.
New in this release:
• The A2V2 utility now supports transfer of Apple II disks containing half-tracks.
• Finished the implementation of the "floating bus", and added an example Applescript to demonstrate this feature.
• Optimized graphic rendering, resulting in lower overall CPU load.
• Improved the compatibility of the Epson FX-80 emulation; it now works with the Fontrix application.
• The Inspector now shows the total CPU cycle count of the emulated 6502.
• Added an Applescript command to slow down text input from a script, and used it to make the included demo scripts easier to follow.
• Solved an issue where the text "Paused" could remain on the screen after a restart of the machine.
• The program could crash when a new diskette image was created and ejected. This has been solved.
• Solved an issue that could cause one disk image to be mounted in multiple drives at the same time.
Visit the Virtual ][ Website